Applications are invited for Short Service Commission in NAI Cadre of Indian Navy for the course commencing at Indian Naval Academy Ezhimala, Kerala.
Indian Navy Recruiment 2017-18
Name of the Post: Short Service Commission officer.
No of Vacancy: 08(Post).
Age Limit: Born between (both dates inclusive) 02 Jan 1993 – 01 Jul 1998.
Pay Scale: The promotion from Sub Lieutenant to Commander is based on courses, sea time & medical. The Pay Scale and promotion criteria are as follows (being revised as per 7th CPC):
- Sub Lieutenant: PB-3/15600-39100.
- Lieutenant: PB-3/15600-39100.
- Lieutenant Commander: PB-3/15600-39100.
- Commander: PB-4/37400-67000.
Educational Qualification: Candidates who have passed Engineering degree or are in the final year of Engineering Course (with Physics & Maths in 12th Standard) from a recognised university / educational institute with 60% marks till 5th / 7th semester, in regular / integrated course respectively.
- SSB interviews for short listed candidates will be scheduled from Jun 17 to Aug 17 at Bangalore/ Bhopal/ Coimbatore/ Visakhapatnam. Shortlisted candidates will be informed about their selection for SSB interview on their e-mail or through SMS (provided by candidates in their application form).
- The total duration of SSB interviews is five days consisting of two Stages- Stage I (Day one) and Stage II (Four days). Stage I test consisting of Intelligence Test, Picture Perception and Discussion test will be conducted on the first day of arrival at SSB. Candidates who fail to qualify in Stage I will be routed back on the same day. Stage II tests comprising of Psychological testing, Group testing and Interview will last for 04 days. Successful candidates will thereafter undergo Medical Examination (approx duration 03-05 days)
- Candidates recommended by the SSB and declared medically fit will be appointed for training as per all India merit depending on the number of vacancies.
- Any correspondence regarding change of SSB dates be addressed to the call up officer of the SSB on receipt of call up letter. Change of SSB Centre for interview is not permissible under any circumstance.
- Ministry of Defence (Navy) reserves the right to short-list applications and to fix cut off percentage. No communication will be entertained on this account.
- No compensation will be paid in respect of any injury sustained to a candidate during SSB tests.
- Return First Class (AC 3 tier/AC Chair Car), rail fare is admissible for the SSB interview, if appearing for the first time for that type of commission on production of railway tickets. Candidates will carry photocopy of the first page of pass book or cheque leaf where the name, A/C No & IFSC details are mentioned, while appearing for SSB.
How to Apply: Candidates are to register and fill application on the recruitment website (www.joinindiannavy.gov.in). The candidates are to apply online from 08 Apr 17 to 27 Apr 17.
Whilst filling up the e-application, it is advisable to keep the relevant documents readily available to enable the following:-
- Correct filling up of personal particulars. Details are to be filled up as given in the Matriculation Certificate.
- Fields such as e-mail address, mobile number are mandatory fields and need to be filled.
- All relevant documents preferably in original [Mark sheets up to 5th semester & 7th semester for regular and integrated course respectively, Date of birth proof (as per 10th/12th certificate), CGPA Conversion formula for BE/B Tech] and a recent size colour photograph should be scanned in original in JPG/FIIT format, respectively for attaching the same while filling up the application. If any scanned document is not legible / readable for any reason, the application will be rejected.
Last date: 27/04/2017.
Here is => Official Notice.